The Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. is an Estate Planning law firm. We draft wills, trusts, power of attorney documents and other estate plan related documents for our clients. We are not a general practice law firm that does estate planning on the side – estate planning is what we do.
We truly care about our clients and their estate plans.
Since transitioning to an Estate Planning law practice six years ago, attorney Chad A. Ritchie has helped over 300 clients and families with their estate plan. During the last two years, the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. has averaged helping 120 new estate planning clients a year.
We love educating our community about estate planning.
We love meeting and building a relationship with our clients.
We love creating tailor-made estate plans that avoid probate, avoid estate taxes, improve family harmony and build family legacies – for our clients.
The RLO CARE Program
Now, the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. is moving to the next level of service when it comes to our estate planning clients: The RLO Care Program
What is the RLO Care Program? It is the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd.’s conscious effort to reach out to our existing clients to make sure that our client’s estate plan WILL STAY UPDATED in the future.
A common problem with estate planning is that once a client leaves an attorney’s office – they (hopefully) have what we call a “Level 5” Estate Plan. This means that:
Your estate plan documents are up to date.
You understand what your Estate Plan Documents do and how they work.
Your assets are organized and updated so they are working WITH and not AGAINST your estate plan.
Note: Every client that does their Estate Plan with the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. has a Level 5 Estate Plan. Click Here for our Blog Article on the “Six Levels of Estate Planning”.
. . . . But over time things change. A client may receive a substantial inheritance; they may buy a new house; they may get divorced; they may get married; their kids are now in their 30’s and have kids of their own; they may have new accounts, investments and policies without proper beneficiary designations; their retirement savings is now $3,000,000; they may have experienced the death of a loved one.
Any of these life or asset changes can make your estate plan outdated.
The RLO Care Program is our way of showing our clients we care about them after they leave our office with their newly signed Estate Plan documents.
The RLO Care Program consists of the following:
1. Every client will receive a letter and an e-mail during the month of their RLO “Anniversary Date”. Your RLO Anniversary Date is the day you signed your estate planning documents with us. For example, if you signed your documents on March 22, 2015, then every March you will receive a letter in the mail and an e-mail from us checking in with you in regards to your estate plan.
2. During a client’s RLO Anniversary Month – we will offer our clients the opportunity to have a review meeting – were we can update our client’s Probate Asset Analysis Diagram – or if they don’t have one – create one for them. We would also review our client’s Estate Planning Documents to see if there are any updates that need to be made. This review meeting will be for a flat fee amount that would be substantially discounted from our standard hourly billable rate.
3. Every client receives discounts on “Ritchie University” Estate Planning related online education courses (more information on Ritchie University Coming Soon!)
4. Every client will have the opportunity to have a recorded “Legacy Conversation” at the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. – which tells your life story and passes on your values and family history to the next generation. A legacy conversation recorded at the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. would be for a flat fee amount that would be substantially discounted from our standard billable rate.
5. Every client will be invited to “Client Only” RLO Workshops, Webinars and events throughout the year.
Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. Cares about its Clients
The Ritchie Law Office, Ltd.’s Mission Statement is to “Help Families Achieve Success, Peace and a Lasting Legacy”.
We believe that our RLO Care Program helps contribute to the firm’s Mission Statement and shows that we truly do care about our clients, their families and their estate plan.
If you are an existing Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. Estate Planning Client and want to make sure your Estate Plan is still update to date please contact our office to schedule an Estate Plan Review Meeting.
This article is a service of Attorney Chad A. Ritchie and the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. Click Here or call (309) 662-7000 to learn more about what it’s like to meet with the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. for your initial estate planning meeting. We call this initial Estate Planning meeting a “Ritchie Wealth Planning Session”.
To sign up for the Ritchie Law Office, Ltd. monthly newsletter, click here! Keep up to date with news about estate planning, learn about legislation affecting your estate plans, stay in touch with Ritchie Law Office, and follow Chad's busy schedule of seminars, workshops, events, and appearances around Central Illinois.